The Pully Museum is next to “La Muette”, the family home of the writer C.F. Ramuz, in the heart of the city. Completely restored in 1991 in line with the modern canons of museography, its mission is reflected in its architecture. Past and present come together in harmony.
At a rate of two or three temporary exhibitions each year, the museum’s collections alternate with personal exhibitions (Jacques Berger, Pascal Besson, Walter Mafli, Jacques Tyack, Hansjörg Gisiger), themed exhibitions for the general public (Cats, Puppets and Dolls, Stories, Once upon a time, etc.), or more specialized exhibitions (The City, urban interpretations – Cries of Colour, a incarcerated world, a psychiatric world).
Other titles call forth faraway lands: Rio, Mysteries and frontiers – Maxim Kantor, Russian painter, Metamorphosis-Metaphoras… Mexico – Three Greeks in Helvetia, 3 Greek artists.
Pully can be admired through the work of ten contemporary artists, an exhibition devoted to the 1999 Fête des Vignerons, Félix Vallotton in the Vaud collections and the contemporary art in the museum.
With no less than seventeen paintings by Marius Borgeaud (1861-1924), the museum is proud to have the second largest collection of Pully paintings, after the Cantonal Museum of Fine Art.
Charles Ferdinand Ramuz
The museum also houses a sizeable collection of the work of C.F. Ramuz, including complete editions and manuscripts. Alongside fine art exhibitions, one or two rooms are periodically dedicated to presenting the books, writing and documents of C.F. Ramuz. The library containing writings by and about Ramuz is open to researchers and students upon request.
Musée de Pully
Phone +41 21 729 55 81
Fax +41 21 729 58 94
tl 4, 25: Pully-Gare