Swiss Association of Sports Managers (ASMS)
A network that serves its members
Founded in 1996, the Swiss Association of Sports Managers (ASMS) is a non-profit-making organisation based in Lausanne, Olympic Capital.
Members of the ASMS work in a sports organisation (international, national federations, professional clubs, sports services, etc) and/or hold a university degree in sports management. Its aim is to promote a network of industry professionals via seminars and other activities.
The stated aims of its articles of association are:
- The organisation of seminars and symposiums on diverse topics (sport and television, sport and marketing, sport and internet, etc.)
- The organisation of “conference dinners” at which Swiss sports personalities are invited to talk about their work and experiences in a convivial setting
- Support for sports organisation
- Information service on activities in sports management and training in sports management;
- Development and maintenance of special links with the sporting movement and experts in sport management at international level
- Support for the development and activities of its members
The ASMS has been a recognised partner organisation of Swiss Olympic since 2008. The ASMS is thus the only association of sports managers recognised on Swiss soil. To become a member, you must perform a professional managerial role within an organisation (company, federation, club, sports service) working in the sports sector and/or hold a university degree in sports management recognised by the ASMS.
By Christophe Huybrechts