Facilitating the establishment of international sports federations and organisations.
The authorities in the Canton of Vaud and those of the City of Lausanne, Olympic Capital, have worked closely with the Swiss authorities to create conditions specifically designed to welcome international organisations related to sport.
These conditions address issues related to admission to Switzerland, to residence and work permits, to customs, to the purchase of buildings and the tax system and, more particularly, to direct taxation and VAT.
As well as these specific advantages, the Canton of Vaud and the City of Lausanne offer two major assets:
- Free hire of rented offices for a duration of two years, subject to terms to be defined.
- A one-stop shop whose objective is to facilitate contacts with administrative bodies and, more generally, with civilian society in the Vaud and Lausanne, most notably by:
- contributing to the search for premises and accommodation;
- simplifying administrative procedures with a view to speeding them up;
- giving useful and practical information on a wide variety of aspects of life in Switzerland.